Updated: August 2022
Description: There are settings related to how Program Assessments process student scores and how those term-based assessment managers organize and process scores from AEFIS assignment and/or LMS assignments. This guide provides information on how to access the settings at the Institution, College or Department level, and the impacts of each setting.
Applicable to: Institution Admin, College Admin (College/Department settings only), Department Admin (Department settings only)
Step by Step - Access your Assessment Settings
1. Login to AEFIS
2. Click on the hamburger menu at the top left of the screen and navigate to the Organizational Hierarchy section of the menu
3. Click on Institutions/Colleges/Departments
4. Click the Manage button next to your Institution/College/Department
5. Navigate to the Assessment Settings area of the menu under Settings:
Overview of Assessment Settings
- Assessment Evaluation Settings
- When toggled on, when Program Assessment is enabled, and there is an In Progress term offering sections of courses included in that Program's curriculum map, all sections will be assigned to be assessed in the assessment manager automatically.
- If you would like to manually assign sections to the assessment in the assessment manager for your Institution/College/Department, toggle this setting off and hit Save
- Assessment Settings
- When displaying assignment criteria rubrics, display in descending order: Determine whether you want to display assignment scoring rubric criterion in descending or ascending point order.
- Submit assessment results even if all grades are not completed: Determine whether to include assignments where not all students received scores in the aggregate results for the section, course, and outcome, or to omit those results if not all students are scored once the assignment or assessment period is complete.
- Submit score as assessment result if rubric assessment is missing: When scoring students in your Learning Management System (LMS) it may be possible to submit only a final score, and not score on the individual rubric criterion in the LMS. If you would like AEFIS to include students in aggregate results for the section, course, and outcome even if they are not scored on the individual rubric criterion in the LMS, you may toggle this on. If you are linking rubric criteria to outcomes, rather than the overall score, then we recommend toggling this setting OFF.
*Remember - when changing the settings under each section, click the blue Save button!