Updated: January 2022
Description: There are cases where your Self Study must include sensitive documentation intended for a very limited audience. In those cases, you are able to load evidence directly to the Self Study, and bypass the Institution Evidence Bank, to limit the users who have access to that documentation. This guide will provide instructions on how to add evidence directly through the Self Study related documentation menu, and the options you have for restricting where that evidence is stored and can be viewed. If you are new to the Self Study solution, please click here for the comprehensive guide before moving forward with this guide.
Applicable to: Self Study Chair, Self Study Liaison
Step by Step...
1. In your Self Study, navigate to the Related Documentation link on the left navigation bar
2. Click on the blue + Add Evidence button at the top right
3. A pop up will appear, that is similar to the input screen on the evidence bank
4. Choose "Add New" to create a new piece of evidence, that does not already exist in the evidence bank from the tabs at the top of the pop-up
5. Update the required fields
- Action Date
- Add Supporting Item: Further tag this evidence with keywords, College/Department, Strategic Plan or Accreditor)**Required as the Accreditor Standard must be tired to the evidence to make that evidence available in the relevant self study section.
6. Attach the evidence file(s) by dragging and dropping, or clicking on the icon seen below to access your local files
7. Toggle the setting to determine whether you want to save this evidence locally to the Self Study alone, or save it both to the Self Study and to the Evidence Bank.
- If toggled off, the evidence will not be saved in the Evidence Bank, and only users assigned to the Self Study section(s) you tagged in that piece of evidence will be able to view/add that evidence to the Self Study
- If toggled on, a warning will appear indicating that the Evidence Bank curator and contributor roles will be able to access and download this evidence, to certify that it may be viewed and downloaded by users with those roles. If you do not want this, you should toggle the setting off.
8. Once your evidence is saved, it will be available to insert in the Self Study section associated with the tags you assigned. If you need to change those tags or any details of the evidence, you may do so by clicking the Edit drop down next to the evidence on the Related Documentation page