Updated: January 2021
Description: This guide assumes the user has created a survey template. If you have not created a survey template, please click here for the survey template guide.
When multiple survey questions may be grouped and measured on the same likert scale, the metric question option is available in survey templates. This allows a user to create a simple response grid in the survey template. Creating a question matrix also allows you to analyze the response trends around this question category, using our Metric Trend Analysis report This guide provides instructions on how to create a metric set of questions in a survey template.
Applicable to: Institution Admin, College Admin, Department Admin, Survey Admin
Step by Step...
1. Login to AEFIS
2. Click on the hamburger menu at the top left, and select Surveys>Survey Templates
3. Create a new survey template or search for a template
*If the template is already published and has been used in surveys, you will need to click on the Actions menu within that template and copy, and create your edits in a copy of the template
4. Select Template Designer from the left navigation menu
5. Select the blue Edit button at the top right of the template designer
6. Locate or add questions with the same likert scale
7. Click on the cog icon at the bottom of the first question you would like to group in a metric:
8. At the bottom of the menu, you will see Matrix Question option - check the box and click on the blue cog to configure
9. When the pop-up appears, enter the title of the matrix question set.
Example: Instructor Questions
10. Then, select the questions that should be included in the matrix, by checking the boxes next to the questions
Note: Only questions with a Multi-Choice, Single Answer option will be available
11. Once all questions are selected, click Save - note that if any have a different likert scale, that scale will be overwritten by the scale assigned in the first question in the matrix
12. Now that the questions are selected for the matrix, you will see them grouped in your template:
Note: In the case where Instructor-type questions are selected for a matrix, as seen above, a separate column will display per instructor/instructor type selected when the question was created. For more information about question types, click here.
13. Once your survey is complete, you may use the Student Course Evaluation Metric Trend Analysis report to review metric patterns
Please sign in to leave a comment.