Updated: September 2022
Description: Your AEFIS platform manages changes in your system through a series of processes that run at different intervals throughout the day. This guide will provide Institution Admins with information on the timing of processes and their impact on data in your system.
Applicable to: Institution Admin
AEFIS Batch Processes Chart
*Note that these times are in your local time zone.
|eventHandler||Every hour on the half-hour|
|aggregateProc (production)||Daily||7:00 AM
|aggregateProc (production)||Daily||7:00 PM|
Batch Process Impacts
Daily Event Loop:
This function works once in a day and its main purpose is to prepare your AEFIS instance to process events that occur daily and to update statuses of objects that are tracked by day. Any process in AEFIS that is set to start or close at 12:00 AM in your system will be updated by the daily event loop. Statuses of surveys and assessments are updated according to start and close dates with this function, for example. This process will activate new assessments and surveys set to start the next day.
- Starts/Ends Surveys - moves them to In Progress or Completed status
- Starts/Ends Assessments - moves them to In Progress or Completed status
- Starts/Ends Data Collections
- Triggers emails to generate and send for all solutions using email notifications
- Starts/Ends Assignments
This function looks for status changes that occurred in the last hour, which is important after data import processes or daily event loop. This process creates/removes data collection or survey forms for related participants, assigns/un-assigns related objects if there is a link between business objects - such as assigning published course sections to survey or assessments, and soft deletes course sections when they are removed from a course section file.
- Soft Deletes student enrollment when students are removed from the Course Section Data file
- Soft Deletes Course Sections when sections are removed from the Course Section data file
- Assigns newly published course sections to assessment
- Assigns newly published course sections to course evaluation/survey
- Generates new Data Collection Forms
This function aggregates data for surveys, assessments, assignments and faculty portfolio reporting, after the results are updated. It is stored in the DataWarehouse.
- Updates all assessment reports in the Report Dashboard
- Updates the aggregate course section assessment report
Update Assessment Results:
This function calls in real-time assessment data including all data from assignment linkings through the LMS integration. Data only aggregates on this schedule and not in real time.