Updated: April 2022
Description: The Experience Placement Manager allows users to manage experiential opportunities within your institution and outside of your institution. This is where the relationship between your Course or Co-curricular Activity, Placement Location and Student User Groups are managed to identify which students may be placed at a location. This guide will show you how to manage the relationship between your Courses/Co-Curricular Activities, Locations and User Groups, once Locations are available in the Location Manager, Experience Placement is enabled in a Course/Co-curricular Activity, and User Groups are created with your students who are eligible for experiential placements within that Course/Co-Curricular Activity.
Applicable to: Institution Admin, College Admin, Department Admin, Institution - College - Department Experience Admin
Step by Step
Step 1. Click on the hamburger menu at the top left to access the main menu
Step 2. Scroll to the Experience Placement menu section
Step 3. Select Placement Manager from that area of the menu
Step 4. You will see the list of Courses/Co-curricular Activities that have Experience Placement enabled
Step 5. To make changes to your Placement, click the grey Edit button to the right of the Course/Co-curricular Activity
Step 6. An Edit window will pop up on the right side of the screen
- Name: The name of the Course/Co-Curricular Activity will automatically populate here. You may edit this to reflect any name you would like to display to identify this.
- Select Placement Method: Determine whether students are required to apply for a placement using a form. If students are required to fill out a questionnaire for example, to be considered for their experiential learning placement, select the with Student Form option. If you will use the Student Form option, please let your Client Success manager know. You have the flexibiity to start a placement process with a Student Form, and switch to without Student Form without data loss, and vice versa.
- User Groups: Select the User Group you created for this placement.
- Select Location Type: Currently, we support two location types - Education and Hospital. Note that you must have imported or added a location of that type in the Location Manager to select that type from this option.
- Select Location Sub-Type: There are multiple location subtypes available for each location type you may choose from. You may only choose one.
- Draft/Published: At the top right of the Edit screen, you will see a red DRAFT. If you want to make this Placement available to start placing students, click on the DRAFT and toggle it to PUBLISHED.
Step 7. Once you update those fields, click the blue SAVE button at the bottom of the editor. You will then see the changes you made display in the manager:
Now you may move on to the Experience Manager to start assigning students to their placements.