Updated: November 2021
Description: The Experience Placement Location Manager allows users to manage and share placement locations for internships, clinical rotations, and student teaching/counseling practicums located outside of your institution. The user can add locations from the AEFIS location database for schools and hospital placements, or add their own unique placement locations and attributes. Some Education placements are already available to import into your AEFIS instance, so check those records before adding anything new.
Applicable to: Institution Admin, College Admin, Department Admin, Institution - College - Department Experience Admin
Part One: Import Locations
The Experience Placement solution has a set of educational locations already loaded into your AEFIS instance. You can chose which of those locations, if any, you would like to import into your instance from that database. To import locations:
Step 1. Click on the hamburger menu at the top left to access the main menu
Step 2. Scroll to the Experience Placement menu section
Step 3. Select Location Manager from that area of the menu
Step 4. The Location Manager will load. Click the Import Locations button at the top right of the screen
Step 5. A list of pre-loaded locations from XXX will populate. You may single or multi select locations you would like to import to your Experience Placement on this screen:
Step 6. Once you have selected all of the locations you would like to import, click the light blue Import button at the top right of the page
Step 7. The import locations window will close, and your imported locations will display in the location manager
Part Two: Add Locations
This allows you to create your own locations, rather than import locations from the AEFIS database. To create your own locations:
Step 1: On the AEFIS Main Menu, navigate to the Experience Placement section and select Location Manager from the menu options
Step 2: At the top right of the screen, you will see a blue + ADD button. Click that button.
Step 3: A menu will unfold providing you with fields to enter about the location and its attributes:
- Location Type: The type of location such as School or Hospital
- Location Sub Type: If there is additional qualifying information, such as whether the school is primary or secondary
- Name: Name of the location
- County: County location in the location's State
- Phone Number: Main contact phone number for the location
- Email: Main contact email for the location
- Website: The website for the location
- HH Faculty List: Add faculty or preceptor users to the available assignments for the location
*Note: Preceptors/Faculty must already have user accounts in AEFIS. To add new Preceptors, see this guide.
- Address: Add the address of the location
Step 4: Click the blue Save button, and the location will be available in the Location Manager.
- Create User Groups for your student experiential cohorts
- Enable Experience Placement functionality in Courses/Co-curricular Activities
- Create relationships between Courses/Co-curricular Activities, Locations, and User Groups in the Placement Manager