Updated: November 2021
Description: Co-curricular Activities are the equivalent of a catalog level course, that you may create and manage directly in AEFIS that are not populated by the data feed from your student information system (SIS). Co-curricular Activities have all the same features and behaviors as the Courses in your SIS, including Syllabi, Course Learning Outcomes, Assignments, Course Evaluations, and Assessment as part of a Program's curriculum map.
Applicable to: Institution Admin, College Admin, Department Admin
Step 1: Log into your AEFIS account
Step 2: Select the three white horizontal lines in the top left hand corner to open the AEFIS Main Menu
Step 3: Navigate to Educational Experiences > Co-Curricular Activities
Step 4: Select the blue +ADD CO-CURRICULAR ACTIVITY button in the top right-hand corner
Step 5: A pop-up window will appear and enter the following information:
- Subject Code
- Course Number
- Course Name
Step 6: Select the blue NEXT button and enter the following information:
Step 7: Select the blue SAVE CO-CURRICULAR ACTIVITY button
Step 8: The newly created Co-Curricular Activity will populate in Draft status.
- Select the Manage button on the right hand side
Step 9: You will be redirected to the Home Page of the Co-Curricular Activity where you may Publish it or update settings:
- If you do not plan to add a Syllabus Template or Course Learning Outcomes, you may Publish your Co-curricular Activity, which will allow you to include it in a Curriculum Map, Course Evaluation, and will allow you to create term-based Co-curricular Sections.
- If you would like to add a Syllabus, Course Learning Outcomes or update/review the settings before publishing, please move on to Step 10
Step 10: (Optional) Select the Settings tab in the panel on the left-hand side. This page entails different groups of settings - ranging from Term Activation to Syllabi Settings.
- Term Activation Settings
- Once a term has been activated, the system will pull in co-curricular information from the previous term. The Instructor Approval and Admin Approval settings are important because if they are disabled, co-curricular activities will be pulled in as published. However, if either of these settings are enabled, an instructor or admin will be required to publish the co-curricular activity.
- Assessment Evaluation Settings
- When this setting is toggled on, the co-curricular activity will be pulled into an assessment - enabled for a published Program.
- Co-Curricular Activity Syllabi Settings
- Just like curricular courses, admin are able to assign a specific syllabus template to a co-curricular activity.
- If the Public URL for Syllabi Setting is enabled, admin will be able to provide a url to users who do not have access to AEFIS.
- Admin have the ability to edit the syllabus template after the Co-curricular Section has been published.
- If the Auto Publish for Syllabus Setting is turned off, an assigned syllabus template is required to publish the Co-Curricular Activity.
Step 11: (Optional) Select the Syllabus Defaults tab in the panel on the left-hand side
- From here, you can see the Course (Co-Curricular Activity) Overview
Step 12: (Optional) Select the blue EDIT button in the upper right-hand corner
Please note: The Course and Instructor tabs are not editable due to preset placeholder settings. These placeholders pull data from the SIS files that are sent to AEFIS from your institution.
The red lock icon indicates that the section is not editable and cannot be changed, as seen in the screenshot below:
Step 13 (Optional): Select the blue +ADD A CLO button under the Learning Outcomes tab
Step 14 (Optional): Enter the applicable CLO description
Step 15: Select the blue SAVE button
Step 16: Select the Outcomes tab in the panel on the left-hand side
- If you would like to learn more about how to create outcomes for your Co-Curricular Activity, please refer to the following AEFIS Academy Guide: How to Add Outcomes in AEFIS.
Step 17: Select the Survey Questions tab in the panel on the left-hand side
- If you would like to learn more about how to create survey questions specifically for your Co-Curricular Activity, please refer to the following AEFIS Academy Guide: How to Create Survey Questions.