Updated: November 2021
Description: In some cases, a syllabus template needs to be applied to only one Course or Co-Curricular Activity. This is not always the best practice, but may be necessary when the templates are not standardized. This guide will explain how to add a syllabus template to a Course or Co-Curricular Activity.
Applicable: Institutional Admin, College Admin, and Department Admin
Step 1: Log into your AEFIS account
Step 2: Select the three white horizontal lines in the top left-hand corner to open the AEFIS Main Menu
Step 3: Navigate to Educational Experiences>Courses or Educational Experiences>Co-Curricular Activities
Step 4: Use either the +Add Filter or the search bar to locate the desired course
Step 5: Select the blue Revise button in the top right-hand corner
Step 6: Select the Settings tab in the panel on the left-hand side
Step 7: Navigate to the Course Syllabi Settings section
Step 8: Select the Syllabus Template drop down
Step 9: Select the desired syllabus template
Note: If you do not see the desired syllabus template, make sure that the syllabus template has been published.
Step 10: Select the blue Save button
Step 11 (Optional): If you are an institutional admin and you wish to edit the following Course Syllabi Settings for the course, toggle the following:
- Enable Public URL for Syllabi
- Allow Instructor to Edit the Syllabus after the Course Section is Published
- Enable Auto Publish for Syllabus
Step 12: Once you have attached the desired syllabus template, select the blue Publish button in the top right-hand corner to republish the course
- When you revise a course/co-curricular activity, a new version of that course/co-curricular activity will be created. This new version will preserve any historical course data over time. Once you have made any edits and/or additions to the course, they will be saved in the new version upon republishing the course.
- When new Courses are imported from your Course Catalog file, they will be populated in the Course Manager in DRAFT status, which allows you to add a default syllabus before publishing the Course for the first time, and subsequently causing any related Course Sections to import from the Course Section file. This is why the DRAFT status is applied - to allow you to add content such as the syllabus defaults before publishing. Remember to check your Course Manager for new Courses by searching for Courses in DRAFT status using the filters!