After you have created your assessment and the assessment schedule, you can access a particular assessment instance. An assessment instance refers to the assessment that runs in a specific term, quarter, or semester. Within an Assessment Instance page, you have access to Home, Details, Settings, Email Queue Manager, Assessment Mappings, Assigned Courses, Assessment Forms, Associated Assessments, Assessment Results, and Recommendations. This guide will assist you in navigating all things Assessment Instance.
Applicable to: Institutional Admin, Department Admin, and College Admin
Table of Contents
4. Email Queue Manager
5. What to Assess
6. Assigned Courses
7. Assessment Forms
8. Associated Assessments
9. Assessment Results
The Home page highlights the Course Sections that are associated with: Number of course sections, total number of students enrolled within the total number of course sections, and the number of courses that are assigned to the assessment instance. Under the Assessment Assignment Progress Overview, this section highlights the total number of assignments; the percentage of the Assignments that are mapped and how much of the grading is completed for the assessment. Finally, at the bottom of the Home page, you can further hold yourself accountable by creating action items or tasks to complete for your assessment. You can jot down notes; upload relevant documents; and create tags for your Assessment.
The Details page entails important features about your assessment: the program where the assessment is housed; the assessment type; the assessment template, which can be set on the institution, department, or college level; and the term when the assessment instance is conducted.
Within the Settings page, you can edit...
- when the notification is sent to admin to complete the assessment form
- the start date and end date of the assessment instance.
- weather to include or disregard all course sections initially Assigned when an Assessment is created by using the toggle. Press "Save" immediately after changing this setting.
- the Assessment Start Date section, by using the various drop downs to edit when you would like to start your assessment. Press "Save" immediately after changing this setting.
- the Assessment End Date section, by using the various drop downs to edit when you would like to terminate your assessment. Press "Save" immediately after changing this setting
- the Assessment Invitation Notifications, by selecting the blue pencil on the left-hand side to edit the email message sent to participants in the assessment.
- The email message should include important information about the assessment: Assessment Name, Assessment End Date, Assessment url link, specific instructions, and the contact information of the Academic Administrator conducting the assessment. Press "Save" immediately after making changes.
- the Assessment Reminder Notifications, by selecting the blue pencil on the left-hand to edit the email reminder sent to participants in the assessment.
- Use the "Notification Frequency" drop down to change how often you would like a reminder to be sent to participants, so they are reminded to complete and submit their assessment form. Press "Save" immediately after making any changes.
Email Queue Manager:
The Email Queue Manager provides important yet general information about the emails that are sent to participants and admin, regarding the assessment instance: the receiver email; the sender's email; the subject of the email; the status of the sent email; and when the latest email was sent to each receiving email.
Note: When the status of the email is checked "Sent," then the email was sent successfully; however, when the status of the email is checked "On Hold," then the initial email was not sent successfully.
When the automated emails and reminder notifications are sent out during the set time, the status of sent emails will automatically generate within AEFIS.
Finally, under the "Actions" column, you can preview the email message that is being or has been sent out by clicking on the blue "eye-con" () Also, under that same column, you can manually place an email on hold.
What to Assess:
Under the What to Assess page, you have a clear visual of all the outcomes that are mapped to this assessment instance. Participants of this assessments will be evaluated on the listed outcomes. If you want to learn more about how to map specific outcomes to a specific assessment, click here.
Under the Assigned Courses page, there is the list of course sections that are assigned to this particular assessment instance. Therefore, within the duration of the assessment instance, all participants within these course section will be prompted to complete the assessment form(s), so they are evaluated on the mapped outcomes in the section above.
Note: Under the "Actions" column of each course section, you have the ability to unassign or remove a course section assignment by clicking the "Remove" button. Once unassigned, participants within this course section will not be pulled in to be evaluated for this assignment instance.
Under the Assessment Forms, you will find a list of faculty that have not submitted their assessment form(s). Use the "Review Form" drop down to review the format of the assessment form. Also, under that same drop down, you can edit the owner of the assessment form for a course section. Changing the owner of the assessment form allows the new owner to fill the assessment form for the course section. If you would like to learn more information editing an owner for an assessment form, click here.
Note: There is not a submission button on the assessment form. Once the assessment instance is completed at the set, end date, AEFIS will then generate one big pull of all updated information into the assessment's results.
Course section assignments may be evaluated in a number of other associated assessments. These assessments may also be a part of a different assessment instance conducted in different terms, semesters, or quarters - depending on your institution. This page is helpful for all administrators to see how often a course section is assessed.
Once the assessment has been completed, all updated information/input will generate and display in the "Assessment Results" page.
Note: You will know that an assessment duration has ended, when the status of the assessment is labelled Completed and when you see the Re-Open Assessment option in the right-hand corner of the Assessment Results page.
The Recommendation page is totally optional. It is up to your discretion of how you would like to use the Recommendation page.
If you have any specific question about a particular setting, select the corresponding question mark on the AEFIS site.
If you have any more questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact the AEFIS Client Success Team.