Updated: January 2023
Description: If your assignment will be scored in AEFIS, you may use this guide to convert the assignment from your Learning Management System (LMS) to an AEFIS Managed Assignment so it maybe scored within AEFIS. You must have an active integration between AEFIS and your Learning Management System - such as Blackboard, Canvas or D2L Brightspace to use this feature.
Applicable to: Institution Admin, College Admin, Department Admin, Course Section Director, Instructor
Step by Step
1. Open the AEFIS main menu and select Assignment Linking from the Program Design section
2. Select the course section you would like to work in from the Educational Experiences column to the left - use the Assignment Linking Manager Comprehensive Guide for instructions
3. Once the Educational Experience is selected, choose the outcome you would like to link to the converted LMS assignment from the middle column
4. Then, select the down arrow on Manage button from the Link Assignments column, and select "Convert LMS Assignments"
5. A pop up wizard will open in a drawer to the right, and will present a checklist of courses eligible for conversion:
6. Select the check box(es) next to the assignments you would like to convert, and click next at the bottom right of the drawer
7. Update the Start, Due, and Scores Due dates, and determine whether you would like to score using the multiple assessor feature, and then check the box next to the section(s) you would like to apply those dates to. Then click the "Apply Properties to Selected Assignments" button which will turn blue once dates are available. Once those two steps are complete, hit next at the bottom right.
8. Push Scores: Determine whether you would like the scoring completed in AEFIS to send back to your LMS and overwrite any existing score. This is most commonly used when a preceptor or external assessor is scoring work. Please check with your team's AEFIS administrator to determine whether this feature is enabled in your AEFIS-LMS integration. If you do not plan to send the scores back to your LMS automatically, do not check the box and just hit next at the bottom right.
9. Finalize changes: Double check the dates and click finish and confirm to complete the conversion.
A pop up will appear to confirm:
10. Now what?