Updated: December 2021
Description: Generating a report will organize the data collected by the surveys and provide analysis as to where improvements are needed and where there are strengths.
Applicable to: Institutional Admin, College Admin, Department Admin, Department Survey Admin, Course Section Director, Instructor, Teaching Assistant
Step by Step...
Starting from the dashboard widget:
(For Institutional Admin, College Admin, Department Admin, Course Coordinator, Course Section Director, Instructor, Teaching Assistant roles only - Department Survey Admins do not have this view):
- Start by locating the Reports widget on the dashboard.
- Select the blue “Generate Report" Icon to the right of Student Course Evaluation Comment Analysis Report (Multiple Terms) to generate that report
Starting from the main side menu:
(For Institutional Admin, College Admin, Department Admin, Department Survey Admin, Course Coordinator, Course Section Director, Instructor, Teaching Assistant roles)
- Start by selecting the hamburger menu icon in the top left of the page to open up the menu.
- Under the Analytics section of the menu, select “Report Dashboard”
- The Report Dashboard page will open showing Student Course Evaluation Analysis by Faculty under Survey and Course Evaluations Reports.
Continuing from Report Dashboard:
- Select Student Course Evaluation Comment Analysis Report (Multiple Terms) by either selecting the text or the "Generate Report" Icon
- Chose the desired Report Parameters to filter the surveys:
- Term - Select the term(s) the report will span
- College - Select the college(s) within the institution
- Department - Select the department(s) within the college(s)
- Course - type in keywords for the course(s) needed for the report
- Instructor Type - If the user running the report is an admin, or a Course Section Director who has Instructor co-teachers or TA's, they may select the instructor type role here to view the results only associated with this type. This will most typically be used for evaluation of Teaching Assistants.
- Instructor - If the user is a faculty user, the Instructor will be the user, if the user is an admin, the admin can select a specific instructor.
- Course Section - select the instructor’s course section(s)
- Question Type - You may select only a specific type of question to compare, depending on how your survey template was designed. The following options will display:
- Survey - choose the desired survey(s) need a report generated.
- Select the blue “Run Report” button to generate a report, or the “Reset Parameters” button to clear and reset the parameters.
- After the report is generated, the user can export the report by selecting the “Export” drop-down menu. The user is able to:
- Download a PDF
- Print the report
- Download a CSV file
- Download an Excel file
- If the user needs to edit the report parameters, select the blue “Edit Report Parameters” Text under Report Parameters near the top of the page. This will return the user back to the Report Parameters page.