Updated: September 2021
Applicable to: Students
Main Dashboard Navigation
On the top left corner of the screen, there is the three horizontal line menu icon . This is also known as the “hamburger icon,” and it is referred as such throughout AEFIS Academy user guides. Selecting this icon will open the menu containing menu items specific to the user’s role.
On the top right side, there is the support icon , the action items notification icon , and the student’s name. The support icon will open up a new browser to AEFIS academy, where there are plenty of support articles. The notification bell will open up the action items menu, which displays upon login every time a user accesses AEFIS. Selecting the student’s name will open a drop down menu with the options to see your profile, and sign out of AEFIS.
Now let’s get familiar with the main dashboard. This will be the student's command center. The dashboard displays important information pertinent to the student's role.
The student dashboard will have a section for monitoring course sections & syllabi as well as a section for taking surveys such as course evaluations.
- My Surveys - The open surveys available for the student to take will appear here. Click on the kebab icon to the top right of the widget to view completed surveys.
- Available Forms*: If your institution is running any Data Collections with students included in the workflow, their forms will display here.
- My CLR: If the CLR is enabled for that student's program or your institution, the student will be able to manage their CLR and view it through this widget.
- My Practicum Forms: If a student is enrolled in a course that includes an internship or practicum, and a practicum survey is run during that course, the student will have access to their portion of the form process through this widget. Click on the kebab menu icon at the top right of the widget to access completed forms, in progress forms, and the forms already submitted by their internship/practicum supervisor or instructor.
- My Course Sections & Syllabus - All of the courses the student is taking in the current term/semester will be displayed here. To view past terms, click on the kebab menu item at the top right of the widget to access previous terms:
- My Assignments: Assignments that need attention - for example assignments where a student must submit their work - will display here to notify students of availability. To submit work for an assignment, click on the blue pencil next to the assignment This widget can also be used to access and view the results/scores from past assignments scored in AEFIS. To access assignment scoring results, click on the kebab icon at the top right of the widget and select Completed Assignments:
When Completed Assignments is selected, the widget view will change as seen below:
Click the blue eye icon to the right of the assignment to see more detailed results, such as rubric criteria scores and notes from your faculty.
We keep the Student Dashboard simple because students have enough to worry about. AEFIS should not be one of those worries. For more help, check out the User Guides section.