Updated: September 2021
Applicable to: Course Section Director, Instructor, Teaching Assistant
Main Dashboard Navigation
On the top left corner of the screen, there is the three horizontal line menu icon . This is also known as the “hamburger icon,” and it is referred as such in AEFIS Academy user guides. Selecting this icon will open the menu containing menu items.On the top right side, there is the support icon , the notifications icon , and the faculty user’s name. The support icon will open up a new browser to AEFIS academy, where there are plenty of support articles. The notification bell will open up the notification hub. Selecting the faculty user’s name will open a drop down menu with the options to see your profile, and sign out of AEFIS.
Now let’s get familiar with the main dashboard. This will be the faculty's command center. The dashboard displays important information pertinent to the faculty's needs. User dashboards may look different between one another depending on the role of the user within AEFIS. Note that the dashboard widgets will shift depending on how zoomed in or zoomed out your browser is, as they adapt to your screen size. The screenshot below shows a zoomed out screen.
Faculty users will have a variety of widgets on their dashboard to manage classes, receive statuses on surveys, and reports completed surveys, just to name a few.
- Faculty Activity + CV*: This widget will appear first if your institution is utilizing that solution. This widget will not appear if you are not using AEFIS for the management of Faculty Activity and CV.
- Reports: By selecting the blue pencil icon to the right of the desired report, a report can be generated with the desired settings.
- My Document Requests: If a large report export is requested from the Reports Dashboard, it will process and become available in this widget when applicable.
- My Direct Assessments - Actively running and previous direct assessments taking place on that faculty member's course sections will display here. The results of the direct assessments can be found by selecting the graph icon next to the desired assessment.
- My Assignments: Assignments that are In Progress or Pending Grades in AEFIS will display here. Faculty may quickly and directly access the scorebook for their assignments through this widget. To toggle the view from active assignments to completed assignments, click the kebab icon at the top right of the widget to select assignment types:
- My Data Collection Forms*: If the faculty member is participating in a Data Collection workflow process, the history of their form submission will appear here. This will frequently display without data, as faculty are not always included in Data Collection workflows.
My Course Evaluations - The evaluations and surveys for the class/instructor for a specific term/semester along with metrics, responses and actions of the evaluations are presented here. To view previous term results, click the kebab icon at the top right of the widget to present options to view additional term data:
My Course Sections & Syllabi - The class(es) of the current term/semester that the faculty user is instructing or involved with can be seen here. By selecting the blue pencil to the right of each class, the faculty user can edit class options such as the syllabus. To view previous term course sections, click the kebab icon at the top right of the widget to present options to view previous terms: